Artist Statement
Words are just one of many forms of expression. We use them to say how we feel, look, and want. We use words as art in poems, stories, and books. Our words are our vision; it is much more than just a language but, in some ways, our purpose. As a writer, I use my words to tell my story. I use my words to create my art and in doing so, I free a part of my imagination to the world. I tell stories about myself, about others, and I can exaggerate any thought in my mind. Writing is liberating and is, in my opinion, one of the best forms of expression.
These stories can even be translated into something bigger. It can turn into a novel or a film. It can be read all around the world in different languages. The possibilities are endless because our language is one of the purest forms of art.
Writing brings out another side of me that I love. It helps me explore my inner thoughts and subconscious. It helps me understand myself. During my hardest times, I find myself with a pen and paper. I write down my feelings, what is happening, my environment. I, sometimes, turn these into a story. It becomes something others can relate to and it makes me feel as though I am not alone. In this big world, it is easy to feel lost and secluded. However, if we find the thing that makes us feel empowered, those negative feelings can turn into something great.

Comments
Post a Comment